Electronic Health Records Applications Analyst
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Apps RevCyc & HIM
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 29696-20075
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 21, 2021
Alameda Health System is seeking an experienced EPIC Hospital Billing Analyst who will utilize their clinical expertise in performing complex systems analysis, revenue-cycle workflows, revenue-cycle user’s support, and applications programming.
At Alameda Health System, we are dedicated to creating a positive and safe work environment for our patients, staff, and community. We promote equity of experience and opportunity to ensure staff of all background feel included and welcome.
As the Hospital Billing Analyst, you have a solid understanding in EPIC Hospital Billing from an IT software application perspective which will be instrumental as you lead implementations, deployments, and upgrade projects. You will be a key Subject Matter Expert in financial functionality related to Hospital Billing, revenue-cycle workflows, revenue-cycle user’s support.
You will work closely with clinicians to create and/or adapt written protocols and prepare detailed specs encompassing clinical processes, information flow, risk, and impact analysis. Additionally, you will provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance. As a technical leader in clinical applications, you will apply advanced professional concepts and extensive industry knowledge to lead and/or work on medium to large projects of broad scope and complexity.
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification; however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Acts as the primary support contact for the application’s end users.
- Identifies issues that arise in assigned application area as well as issues that impact other application teams.
- Identifies and implements approved changes to the system.
- Participates in workflow design, building and testing the system and analyzing associated issues.
- Participates in training and working with end users.
- Reviews the status of deliverables, issues and milestones with leadership.
- Serves as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and Epic implementation staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
Required Experience: Four years Information Technology experience within a multi-entity, healthcare environment. Three years of experience implementing and/or supporting Epic's HB application as an IT analyst/builder is strongly preferred. Experience with revenue cycle applications or patient access services is also preferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Hospital Billing Epic certification strongly preferred. Attainment of Epic certification within six months of employment is required.
This position requires depth & breadth of HB knowledge from an IT software application perspective, problem-solving and analytical thinking, data analysis/manipulation in Excel. Following is a non-exhaustive list of areas in which experience is strongly preferred:
- CDM consolidation, Fee Schedules and interfacing HB with CDM software
- Charge-Router experience as an application builder
- Case Management workflows and it's impact on Hospital Billing
- Epic's charge-capture workflows for various clinical service-lines
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal (California Medicaid) and Medicare billing requirements
- Core HB functionality like system-action, work queues, DNBs etc.
******PLEASE NOTE: OUR IT TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTEL, HOWEVER THE IT TEAM MAY BE EXPECTED TO RETURN ONSITE. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCOMMODATE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS PER LOCAL AND STATE REGULATIONS.*****
ALAMEDA HEALTH SYSTEM EMPLOYEES ONLY: This position is eligible for a $5,000 employee referral bonus to employees who refer candidates via the Role Point Referral Portal that are successfully hired. For more information on the Employee Referral program & eligibility, please visit the Recruitment Intranet page:http://ahsconnects/departments/recruitment-services/employee-referral/