Manager, IT Infrastructure
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Managed Software
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 29727-20102
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 20, 2021
SUMMARY: Manages the function and staff encompassing information technology infrastructure needs across the enterprise including local area networks (LAN), wireless networks (WLAN), wide area networks (WAN), firewalls, servers, network load balancers (NLB), application delivery controllers (ADC), voice/communication systems (PBX/UC), network/server monitoring tools (NMS/SNMP/WMI), storage, and data backup/recovery.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Manages information technology infrastructure equipment inventory and assets, including lifecycle management to meet AHS infrastructure demands.
- Manages information technology infrastructure equipment vendor relationship and participates in determining AHS equipment standards and technology roadmap.
- Manages IT infrastructure services including problem management (break/fix), service requests, facilities moves/adds/changes, equipment provisioning and de-provisioning and customer service scores.
- Manages relationships with the AHS IT End User Support (desktop) and IT Service Center (help desk).
- Manages tools and resources needed to support and automate service delivery and maintenance of the AHS information technology infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education: Bachelor’s of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Project Management or Engineering.
Required Experience: Seven years of increasing technical experience in an IT infrastructure position; experience and knowledge of best practices related to enterprise infrastructure; experience with network, server, and storage architecture strategies and creating sustainable IT environments; experience with enterprise network and server management tools and processes.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Cisco CCNP R&S, Cisco CCNP Security, Citrix CCA-V, Citrix CCN-P, and VMware VCP certifications.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.