Food Service Worker - Per diem, Shifts(varies),8 hrs, FMT
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- FMT Cafeteria
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 28441-19062
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: July 20, 2021
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, in the kitchen or dining room to do the routine work involved in food preparation, cooking and serving; to do a variety of cleaning, washing, and routine manual tasks involved in food preparation and serving; to keep dining areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition; and to do related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Washes dishes, pots, and pans either by hand or using dish washing and pot washing machines.
2. Cleans stoves, steam kettles, ovens, and other standing kitchen equipment; sweeps and mops floors; removes dirty dishes from dining tables to the kitchen; cleans tables and chairs, and other general cleaning such as refrigerators or cupboards.
3. Prepares adult formulas and tube feedings, assembling, measuring, and mixing ingredients such as milk, dextri-maltose, and lonolac; prepares special diets as ordered by doctors, grinding and otherwise preparing and cooking meat, vegetables and other foods, assembling and weighing them according to recipe; labels formulas, special diets, and tub feedings.
4. Assists in the preparation of salads according to instructions; cuts and chops nuts, fruits, and vegetables and prepares salad dressings.
5. Pushes loaded food carts from kitchen to wards or dining areas, returns food carts and dirty dishes; loads and unloads food carts into delivery van in making deliveries to and from kitchen to dining areas.
6. Cleans, peels, and cuts vegetables by hand and by using electrically powered peelers, dicers, and slicers.
7. Unloads food supplies from delivery trucks, stacks them in proper storage places, and keeps storage room clean.
8. Receives, inspects, transports, and stores food staples, vegetables, dairy products and other foods and kitchen supplies.
9. Sets up cafeteria food line, turning on steam tables, putting out utensils and keeping serving line supplied with food; dishes up and serves food in cafeteria tray line; works in a kitchen or dining area keeping food hot, cooking eggs, coffee, toast, bacon and other short orders, such as pancakes.
10. Makes up trays for patients’ or juveniles special diets; weighs servings, obtains special items, dishes up food according to diet required, and labels for specified patient.
11. On a relief basis or as a trainee, assists a Cook or relieves a Senior Food Service Worker or diet clerk.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six months of experience in either serving or assisting in the preparation of food or washing dishes, pots, pans in a large cafeteria or dining room.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Some positions may require a valid California driver’s license.