This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- System Admission Transfer Center
- Full Time - Day
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 29685-20065
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 27, 2021
Job Summary: The Patient Transporter helps patients by assisting with moving and transporting them into, around, and out of the health care organization while working under the direction of the Nurse Director/Manager and under the direct supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse. The Patient Transporter is also responsible for completing a variety of departmental specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists care team as directed, i.e. walking patients, passing nutrition trays.
2. Comforts patients and their families by offering support and encouragement; being punctual and attentive to procedure schedules; demonstrating caring and cultural sensitivity.
3. Communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
4. Maintains and monitors clean/dirty utility rooms and equipment rooms on patient care units.
5. Performs a variety of basic activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of assigned patient.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Reports any and all activity outside of established parameters to the Nurse Manager or the Professional Registered Nurse. -
8. Transports deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to the morgue. -
9. Transports equipment and supplies by picking-up as directed; delivering them to assigned treatment areas and patient care areas. -
10. Transports laboratory specimens by picking-up specimens and delivering them to specified laboratory. -
11. Transports patients by assisting patients in and out of taxis, ambulances, cars; lifting patients on and off beds using lift equipment; moving them to and from special service and treatment areas; using wheelchairs, gurneys or moveable beds.
12. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. -
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Licenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support certification by the American Heart Association (AHA).