AHD Environmental Services Aide - Per Diem, Shift(Varies), 8 hrs
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Environmental Services
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 29737-20111
- FTE: 0
- Posted: July 19, 2021
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, performs a variety of housekeeping duties in accordance with standard infection control procedures; keeps an assigned area clean and orderly. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Cleans isolation rooms, gurneys and examining tables following special cleaning procedures.
2. Cleans walls, windows, blinds and shades; changes cubicle curtains and draperies.
3. Cleans, disinfects, mops and maintains bathrooms in a clean and sanitary condition; keeps soap, toilet tissue and paper towel dispensers stocked; requisitions cleaning and restroom supplies.
4. Collects trash and moves garbage cans from kitchen areas to pick up stations; returns emptied cans to their proper locations.
5. Keep records of work accomplished; gives simple oral/written reports.
6. Maintains an assigned area in a clean and orderly condition; sweeps, mops, dusts, and arranges furniture; vacuums rugs and/or buffs floors using industrial or domestic type vacuum cleaners and buffers.
7. Make beds and collects soiled linen; places clean linen in rooms; empties trash into containers to be picked up; washes beds in check-out units and others on a routine basis.
8. May operate incinerators and trash compactor on permanent or rotating assignment.
9. Sets up beds and tables in ward area as directed; sets up and cleans meeting rooms; moves furniture and may use a platform truck, dolly or desk mover.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent.Minimum Experience: Equivalent of six months full-time cleaning experience in hospitals or commercial buildings.
A Community Hospital in Alameda County ... and so much more For generations, Alameda residents have found friendly, familiar faces and dedicated medical attention at their local hospital. Now, more and more individuals in Oakland and throughout the East Bay are turning to Alameda Hospital for quality care. We welcome all patients seeking an Alameda County Hospital or Bay Area Hospital who value a state-of-the-art medical facility, with a human touch. Alameda Hospital. We care.