Restorative Nursing Assistant, Full Time, Skilled Nursing Facility, Days
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Park Bridge
- PB Nursing
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29788-20158
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 30, 2021
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the AHD Restorative Nursing Assistant (RNA) is to provide direct nursing care to the Residents in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility, under the direction and supervision of a licensed nurse or therapist, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Communicates with Residents, observing Resident responses to treatment and/or environment and reports changes to licensed nursing staff. Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
2. Provides personal care and comfort measures to Residents, to include assistance with bathing, grooming, skin care, care of hearing aids and glasses, etc. Knows how to respond to Resident's behaviors, allowing Resident to make personal choices. Provides and reinforces behavior consistent with the Residents' dignity.
3. Provides Nursing Rehab/Restorative Care Program services as identified in the Resident's plan of care. Trains the Resident in self care and the use of assistive devices for transferring, walking and mobility, dressing and grooming, eating, swallowing, and range of motion exercises. Incorporating training and skill practice activities which include repetition, physical or verbal cueing and task segmentation.
4. Reports observations and other pertinent Nursing Rehab/Restorative Care information to the Interdisciplinary Rehab/Restorative Team. Participates in the identification of staff and Resident education needs related to the Nursing Rehab/Restorative Care Program and services.
5. Promotes and protects Residents' rights consistent with applicable law and regulation. Assists Residents in making informed decisions. Treats Residents with dignity and respect. Reports suspected abuse or neglect. Protects confidentiality of Resident information in accordance with HIPAA. Supports independent expression, choice and decision-making of our Residents.
6. Takes Residents' vital signs; positions and drapes Resident for examination or treatment; transports patients to other areas of the facility in a wheelchair or gurney.
7. Answers call lights promptly and attends to Resident comfort and safety by adjusting beds, lights, bed rails, pillow, Resident's clothing and bedside tables/equipment; keeps Resident areas clean and orderly.
8. Enters and/or records data accurately and in a timely manner.
9. Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures. Participates in fire and disaster drills. Demonstrates understanding and application of safety and security procedures and precautions.
10. Complies with OSHA standards in the work place. Applies hand washing principles and recognizes signs and symptoms of infection and complies with the requirements of the employee health program. Demonstrates understanding of the process for identifying and handling infectious waste. Demonstrates understanding of and applies isolation precautions and enhanced standard precautions.
11. When assigned as a sitter, responsible for, but not limited to, protecting the Resident from harm and assisting in meeting their emotional and physical needs through one-to-one continuous observation. Prove on-going observation and basic patient care.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Education: Satisfactory completion of a Restorative Care training program. Required Licenses/Certifications: Current California Nursing Assistant certificate.
Additional InformationSkilled Nursing Facility experience prefreered