House Supervisor - Services as Needed - San Leandro Hospital
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Nursing Administration
- Req #: 29716-20091
- FTE: 0.1
- Posted: July 27, 2021
SUMMARY: The San Leandro Hospital (SLH) House Supervisor is responsible for providing clinical oversight and direction to the nursing staff during non-business hours. The SLH House Supervisor is skilled in problem solving and crisis intervention and serves as the first level contact for Administrative issues during non-business hours. The SLH House Supervisor has strong clinical skills and a sound knowledge base as a nurse generalist. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Adjusts nurse staffing to meet patient care needs for current and oncoming shifts, based on patient acuity and staffing guidelines.
2. Leads to measure, evaluate, act, motivate and counsel staff; can anticipate problems.
3. Leads in a calm manner, deescalate during stressful and crisis situations. Assists the nursing and medical staff as needed in times of stress and crisis. Responds and assists in “code” situations: Code Blue, Code Grey, Code Red, Code green, Code Pink, and Code Yellow. Manages post-death process.
4. Models the Studer “Must Haves” including the use of AIDET and leadership rounding on staff. Provides clinical supervision and direction to all nursing units/departments.
5. Collaborates with the appropriate nurse manager regarding problems and the delivery of patient care. Supervises adherence to nursing policies and procedures including safety and infection control standards.
6. Performs delegated Pharmacy functions for in patients during hours that pharmacy is closed ie. Retrieval of medications. Retrieves supplies, equipment and dietary requests as needed.
7. Performs inpatient admission, transfer and bed control functions.
8. Represents Hospital Administration after normal business hours. Initiates the San Leandro Hospital disaster response plan in the event of an external or internal disaster. Responsible for investigating concerns of patients, families, visitors or physicians and for reporting findings to the risk manager or VP/ patient care services, as required.
9. Identifies problems related to patient care and hospital operation and successfully resolves issues.
10. Supports patient and family values thru care and compassion. Takes appropriate action to address immediate clinical or behavioral issues with staff and communicates such to the appropriate manager. Provides verbal and written feedback for regarding staff performance to Department Leaders.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Minimum Experience: Three years experience as an RN with increasing responsibilities and progressive experience.
Preferred Licenses/Certification: ACLS – Advanced Life Support Certification – issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certification: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certification: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.