Chief Nursing Officer
- Oakland, CA
- AHS COO Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29718-20093
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 6, 2021
Alameda Health System (AHS) is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer to join our dynamic healthcare institution. Home to five hospitals and four wellness clinics, Alameda Health System is making an impact on our local community through a variety of services including Level 1 Trauma Center, award-winning Skilled Nursing Facilities, two prominent Community Hospitals, Psychiatric Hospital and over 26 specialties offered through our Wellness Clinics.
As the Chief Nursing Officer for Alameda health System (AHS), you will provide leadership to a broad range of nursing services, promoting a professional nursing environment though planning, organizing, directing, evaluating, and administering the operations, strategy, and programs for Nursing Services. In this role, you will oversee nursing services at all AHS locations. As a member of our Executive Leadership Team, you will provide essential subject matter expertise on the nursing experience and perspective.
- Develops and assures the implementation and accurate interpretation of nursing policies and procedures.
- Integrates nursing service activities with medical services, ancillary services, and the service components of health care delivery; actively participates in interdisciplinary meetings to cooperatively and creatively deal with operational issues.
- Monitors, interprets and influences health care financing legislation and policy.
- Oversees the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of systems to monitor and improve patient care outcomes.
- Plans and forecasts financial needs for the nursing services across the system.
- Effectively manages and monitors the use of products, equipment and services for patient care.
- Promotes a continuum of care for patients, family and the community.
- Acts as a patient/family/community associate and advocates health promotion practices and education.
- Provides an environment for continuous quality improvement, integrates the continuous quality improvement process within the Nursing Service.
- Provides leadership in the redesign of health care delivery systems.
- Establishes standards and policies regarding the provision of patient care.
- Interprets and implements plans to assess the environmental issues that impact patient care.
- Defines and develops health care programs and services to restore health and prevent illness.
- Ensures the appropriate use and integration of patient care technology.
- Reduces risks to the patient or organization through effective management strategies.
- Understands and manages regulatory and licensure requirements and ensures compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Utilizes personnel in an appropriate and cost-effective manner in the provision of health care services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program through National League of Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE); Master’s degree in Nursing or health care related field. Doctorate degree in Nursing Practice, or Ph.D. in nursing is preferred.
Experience: At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in nursing management and/or administration is required.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California is required.