Manager, Value-Based Care
- Oakland, CA
- Quality Analytics
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29523-19936
- FTE: 1
- Posted: June 17, 2021
SUMMARY: Alameda Health System is hiring! The Manager of Value Based Care Manages the implementation and ongoing activities of the Medicaid Managed Care Rule Quality Incentive Program (QIP) and other value-based care programs to make improvements in the delivery of health care; responsible for strategic plan implementation, supervising staff, and managing the programmatic, regulatory and quality improvement aspects of the value-based care programs.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Manages programs based on mission and values, True-North strategic priorities and value-based care programs (e.g., QIP).
- Oversees programmatic, regulatory, and quality improvement aspects of the value-based care programs. Collaborates with clinical staff, IS, Business Intelligence, and Analytics to develop actionable, high quality data reports for reporting and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements quality improvement implementation cycles and LEAN A3 improvement charters with improvement teams.
- Provides project management support value-based care program project teams, including QIP.
- Supports AHS QIP and other value-based care teams to optimize performance in incentive programs.
- Advises the health system staff and leaders, using training, education etc. to continuously raise the standards of excellence in patient safety, quality, and patient experience by advocating for best practice and evidence-based medicine in patient care.
- Facilitates consensus development among clinician and staff about standard best practice and in collaboration with process owners, establishes strategies for minimizing variation around established best practice.
- Leads planning for monthly meetings with AHS’s Steering Committee and Biannual meetings with leadership and project teams to review performance, identify priorities, and share best practices.
- Oversees training and orientation for team members and new staff in aspects related to value-based care programs.
- Manages value-based care program related programmatic writing.
- Represents AHS on relevant QIP committees of the California Association of Public Hospitals and Safety Net Institute.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a clinical or healthcare related field.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in a clinical or healthcare related field.
Required Experience: Four years of experience working on quality and/or performance improvement in a healthcare setting and proven experience developing, facilitating and sustaining performance improvement initiatives and activities; experience managing projects independently and as part of a team; experience with regular use of Lean Sigma and IHI methodology; experience in partnering with clinical informatics to design safe, high quality workflows; experience in grant/plan writing, management, dissemination, and reporting, experience in health systems quality improvement program implementation; project management experience.
Preferred Experience: Supervisory experience.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ).