Manager, Cardiovascular Services
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Cardiac Cath Services
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29472-19894
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 10, 2021
Alameda Health System offers outstanding benefits that include:
- 100% employer health plan for employees and their eligible dependents
- Unique benefit offerings that are partially or 100% employer paid
- Rich and varied retirement plans and the ability to participate in multiple plans.
- Generous paid time off plans
Alameda Health System is hiring! The Manager of Cardiovascular Services will be responsible for the overall administrative leadership of Cardiovascular Services and other units as, including Interventional Short Stay Unit and the Catheterization lab.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification; however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow
- Responsible for overseeing the Interventional Services, cardiac catheterization lab and associated Nursing Units
- Establishes Cardiovascular Services departmental goals and objectives in accordance with strategic plan and priorities
- Plans and implements the overall policies, procedures and services of the cardiovascular service line
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the staff equipment and inventory of the Interventional Services department, Cardiac Catheterization Lab and associated Nursing Units
- Monitor’s implementation of standards set by State and National regulatory and/or accrediting agencies; verifies that administrative and personnel procedures are completed accurately; interprets and implements policies, procedures and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing via an accredited school of nursing
Required Experience: Three years of cardiovascular experience and experience in cardiovascular service line growth through progressive responsibility; three years *experience in Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory with interventional cardiology in a STEMI and cardiac arrest receiving enter; two years in a supervisory capacity within a Cardiovascular Services department; experience in managing critically ill patients in the setting of STEMI/Cardiogenic Shock; experience in maintenance of STEMI and CARC certification and NCDR/AHA GWTG reporting
Preferred Experience: Interventional radiology experience. Electrophysiology lab experience with device implantation and ablation procedures. Planning, implementing and developing new procedures in the cath lab.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Nurse in the State of California or ARRT, ACVT or RCIS; ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association.