Director, Ambulatory Access & Revenue Operations
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Ambulatory Svcs Administration
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 29329-19788
- FTE: 1
- Posted: May 28, 2021
SUMMARY: Responsible for access and revenue operations of scheduling, registration, referral staff across all ambulatory clinic sites, the call center and referral/authorization units supporting ambulatory clinics.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Directs the Ambulatory Care Services access (scheduling, registration, and referral coordination and revenue cycle operations (billing, claims, denials, authorizations, registration related edits, education with clinicians) at multiple sites; Wellness Centers and Clinics, Call Center, and Referral Unit. . Access – scheduling, registration, and referral coordination. Revenue – billing, claims, denials, authorization, and registration impact
- Determines access and revenue cycle impact and goals tied to performance; analyzes all existing reporting tools and develop data to establish performance goals; implements quality assessment and improvement initiatives; measures and reports performance internal and external customer satisfaction surveys and methods for rewarding evidence of progress and improvement; communicates goals to all levels of staff and regularly assesses achievement; collaborates with clinicians and services to advance revenue cycle improvements.
- Develops training resources to provide continuous education for all staff; works with Department of Social Services to provide ongoing training in all aspects of Medi-Cal and other financial assistance program for all staff engaged in Financial Counseling.
- Develop and implement performance improvement activities across all primary and specialty care clinics in an effort of identifying areas of opportunities for improving patient care and financial outcomes, defines strategies to achieve enhancement, defines process and outcomes measures to monitor effectiveness of initiatives, and communicates to the health system.
- Cross trains and utilizes creative staffing models to enhance staff development and job satisfaction; participates with Community groups and participate with marketing efforts to grow AHS’s business plan.
- Performs critical analysis of performance of all information systems and work place environments; prioritizes improvement to our electronic health record; identifies new systems and make recommendations regarding integration of disparate systems to achieve efficient communication between facilities and functions.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to support processes and systems for registration are standardized and optimized for efficient and effective flow of patients within the departments and organization.
- Performs other duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in health care administration or a related field
Required Experience: Five years of progressively responsible management experience in a health-system based environment, including oversight of registration, referrals, and access and revenue cycle areas of ambulatory clinics.
Preferred Experience: Experience in public health system facility (with acute and outpatient care), FQHC experience, and prior experience managing call centers and referral/authorization processes.