Manager, Staffing Office (rev 05.24.21)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- System Admission Transfer Center
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29428-19866
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 28, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general direction, will be responsible for the day to day staffing at all primary campuses. Incumbent will manage staffing and scheduling teams as well as have responsibility for the float pool staffs at each site.
Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assist in negotiating contracts with outside vendors, consultants or organizations; administer, monitor and evaluate contracts.
2. Direct responsibility of system maintenance for multiple staffing applications, including but not limited to: ANSOS, WFX and AWM.
3. Ensure continuous quality improvement and regulatory readiness of Staffing Office department; supervise the enforcement of applicable nursing standards, codes and regulations, as required.
4. Management of float pool staff at multiple locations.
5. Management of scheduling and staffing processes for multiple campuses 24 hours/day, 7 days/week operations; including registry nurses (contracting, scheduling, onboarding, etc.).
6. Management of staffing office, to include, selecting, supervising, training and evaluating clinical, professional, technical and clerical staff.
7. Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and priorities within the Staffing Office department.
8. Prepare cost estimates and justifications for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures to ensure the accomplishment of objectives within an approved budget; including responsibility of minimizing usage of overtime and agency nurses.
9. Provide staff assistance to higher level management on nursing or related issues.
10. Provide staffing applications/systems training to staffing office staff and unit managers, as appropriate.
11. Report management for Nursing executive team.
12. Represent the department in or chair relevant committees and workgroups.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare administration or related field required.
Minimum Experience: Five years within a health system.
Preferred Experience: Experience within a staffing environment.