Manager, EHR Implementation
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS OPS General
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29221-19708
- FTE: 1
- Posted: June 15, 2021
SUMMARY: Project manages Electronic Health Records (EHR) and provides support to other information technology systems as needed; performs EHR implementation management activities which include planning, designing, implementing and maintaining company-wide business applications and information systems; determines business requirements, conducts process analysis and prioritization, and makes recommendations to management.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Manages staff and oversees employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients, and trains employees, verifies competency, and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Develops alternatives analysis.
- Develops and implements integration strategies.
- Determines project scope and staff resources required to complete projects
- Prepares project work plans and timelines
- Monitors project milestones and reports project progress to management
- Develops and manages risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Develops, tracks and controls implementation schedules.
- Manages internal and external resources in the specification, design, build and testing of information system applications.
- Assesses user requirements.
- Identifies process and workflow changes required to meet the implementation goals.
- Establishes standards to ensure consistency across implementations.
- Ensures scope requirements are managed via change control process.
- Tracks, communicates, and manages implementation issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field; completion of Epic Fundamentals course within six months of placement.
Required Experience: Five years of project management and implementation experience in a large healthcare environment; experience in the planning and implementation of EMR/EHR information systems across Health Systems.