Manager, Employee Health
- Oakland, CA
- Human Resources
- HR Employee Health Services
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29231-19717
- FTE: 1
- Posted: June 30, 2021
Alameda Health System offers outstanding benefits that include:
- 100% employer health plan for employees and their eligible dependents
- Unique benefit offerings that are partially or 100% employer paid
- Rich and varied retirement plans and the ability to participate in multiple plans.
- Generous paid time off plans
Alameda Health System is hiring! This position is supporting system-wide employee health operations & is based at Highland. The Manager, Employee Health, plans, organizes, and directs Employee Health programs for Alameda Health System, including pre-employment, fitness for duty, employee assistance, physical fitness, and drug/alcohol testing programs. Performs related work as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Coordinates the various aspects of the program with other respective AHS units and programs and provides liaison services with departments on employee health problems.
- Develops and conducts employee and supervisory training programs
- Develops and designs forms, brochures, and other written materials relating to assigned program areas.
- Has responsibility for development and monitoring of systems to transmit employee health results and information, monitors systems for statistical and regulatory compliance purposes.
- Monitors contract program service providers makes staffing recommendations and evaluates providers and services.
- Plans, develops, and implements employee health program policies and procedures that provide new employees with a health history, physical exam and required tests. Monitors and maintains annual required physicals and tests for all employees.
- Serves as consultant to departments on employee health matters.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Nursing or other closely related field.
Experience: Five years in nursing, health care delivery, or program development. Specifically, two years’ experience managing an Employee Health function within a medium to large sized healthcare organization.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If candidate is a Registered Nurse, a valid Registered Nurse license for the State of California, and valid Basic Life Support certification is required.