Manager, Media & Communications
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Corp Communications Marketing
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 29272-19752
- FTE: 1
- Posted: July 27, 2021
Alameda Health System offers outstanding benefits that include:
- 100% employer health plan for employees and their eligible dependents
- Unique benefit offerings that are partially or 100% employer paid
- Rich and varied retirement plans and the ability to participate in multiple plans.
- Generous paid time off plans
Alameda Health System is hiring! Responsible for leading communications strategies positioning AHS as an essential leader in providing quality health care for vulnerable populations, addressing health equity and disparities and partnering with community partners in addressing the social determinants of health. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience using integrated communications – public relations, social media, internal communications – to build successful campaigns to drive organization change and multi-audience awareness and buy-in. The position reports to the director of public affairs and community engagement and will serve as a strategic partner with executive-level leaders to support execution of strategic internal and external initiatives.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Develops public relations strategies to strengthen AHS position and an essential health care provider and anchor institution.
- Develops annual project plans to meet yearly organizational initiatives.
- Facilitates across function engagement between various departments and business units to align goals and achieve clearly defined outcomes.
- Leads earned media strategy and program
- Supports positioning of executives and subject matter experts in support of organization mission
- Integrates and leverages organization brand and mission in communications strategies, message platform and tactics.
- Collaborates with other communications, government relations and community engagement team members to develop fully integrated communications outcomes.
- Establish project budgets, oversee vendors/consultants.
- Performs other duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in communications or commensurate experience in related field.
Preferred Experience: 10 years of experience in using integrated communications practices within a healthcare setting.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
Required Experience: Five years of experience in integrated communications, public relations or internal communications public relations.