AHD X-Ray Receptionist - Part Time-Days-8hr
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Imaging Administration
- Part Time - Day
- Req #: 29156-19655
- FTE: 0.6
- Posted: May 3, 2021
4. Provides clerical support to the department. Makes sure all pink and blue charge slips are present by end of shift. Types a variety of hospital forms and cards. Assists with the signing out of films, fills out the proper forms.
SUMMARY: The AHD X-Ray Receptionist's primary responsibility is to cordially greet and receive radiology guests, ascertain their needs and appropriated directs visitors and callers. Schedules exams. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
Greets patients, assessing their needs and directing them appropriately. Answer phones by the third ring taking and passing along accurate messages. Always inquires as to who is calling before transferring a call. Maintains a courteous and professional attitude at all times. Answers routine questions regarding scheduling, patient preparations, refers to Manager as necessary.
2. Prepares patient's exam request, correctly identifies exam and attaches any necessary forms. Schedule cases to coordinate with other patient exams. Provides necessary forms to patients and courteously assists with completion.
3. Keeps receptions area clean and organized. Never leaves the front desk without first notifying personnel and getting coverage.
5. Contacts departmental personnel if a patient's condition changes, or if a patient states they are in difficulty.
6. Assumes responsibility for knowing and following guidelines in the Environmental Health and Safety Manual and SDS manual. Informs Manager of any unsafe conditions or equipment.
7. Committed to department personnel and goals. Participates in ongoing hospital education classes, departmental in-services and staff meetings. Participates in continuous Improvement process.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Experience: One year in a medical office setting where typing, filing and computer skills were used.
A Community Hospital in Alameda County ... and so much more For generations, Alameda residents have found friendly, familiar faces and dedicated medical attention at their local hospital. Now, more and more individuals in Oakland and throughout the East Bay are turning to Alameda Hospital for quality care. We welcome all patients seeking an Alameda County Hospital or Bay Area Hospital who value a state-of-the-art medical facility, with a human touch. Alameda Hospital. We care.