Clinical Nurse II - Invasive Specialist, Full Time-10hrs-Days-HGH
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Interventional Radiology
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29157-19656
- FTE: 1
- Posted: April 30, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, assists the radiologist and cardiologist in the Interventional Radiology/Cardiac Catheterization Lab in the performance of invasive procedures and provides a safe environment for the patient. The position shares responsibility in the acquisition and processing of state-of-the-art imaging as well as the efficient operation of the equipment (excepting fluoroscopy) in the Interventional Radiology/Cardiac Catheterization Lab. Assumes responsibility for medication administration and assists with conscious sedation. Will also participate in monitoring, scrubbing, and circulating duties. This classification reports directly to the Director of Cardiovascular Services. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Accompanies, assists, and represents the needs of patients to other providers.
2. Assists in monitoring patient. Including but not limited to: Hemodynamic data/ECG/Angiographic data. Recognition of changes of the above, documenting as - necessary and reporting to physician and other team members in a time sensitive fashion.
3. Assists in the recording, storing, retrieval and analyzing data obtained during the interventional cardiovascular procedures.
4. Assists with preparation of radiologic and other laboratory equipment to be used during the procedure while adhering to the principles of aseptic/sterile technique. Maintains - and evaluates equipment, and troubleshoots equipment as needed within scope of practice.
5. Assumes on call duty as assigned. Responds within 30 minutes to the hospital for emergency procedures.
6. Can apply ACLS protocols and emergency drug knowledge during critical situations to ensure patient safety.
7. Contacts physicians and/or other departments to obtain or provide patient information. - Develops, implements, evaluates and makes modifications in the nursing care plan; prepares required records and reports.
8. Functions as a contributing member of the Interventional Radiology/Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory team, working in conjunction with cardiologists, radiologists, registered nurses, and cardiovascular technicians.
9. May function as a Scrub Assistant, ensuring maximum compliance to principles of sterile/aseptic technique by self and members of the team. Ensures adequate floor and - room stock are available for imaging procedures.
10. Organizes, supervises, makes adjustments and accepts responsibility for the quality of care provided patients by co-workers for a given work period; assumes responsibility as a team leader or a charge nurse when assigned.
11. Participates in promoting a healthful, safe, and therapeutic environment for patient and families; sets up and controls the environment essential for infection control.
12. Participates in the implementation of patient care standards, infection control standards and quality assurance criteria; assist with conducting studies; participates in unit and other meetings.
13. Performs or assists with pre-, intra-, and post procedure assessments on all patients to meet nursing needs and to assist and consult with the physician and other professional staff.
14. Provides a safe environment and monitoring for moderate sedation during Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology procedures and administers all medications in conjunction with physician during procedures specific to scope of practice.
15. Provides a safe environment for the patient during their Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization procedures.
16. Provides a safe environment for the patient during their stay in the Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Performs circulator duties during invasive procedures in the Lab, including gathering and organizing equipment, instruments and supplies necessary for the performance of Cardiac Catheterization and Interventional Radiology procedures, and providing emergency ACLS interventions appropriate to their scope of practice.
17. Provides patient education and post-procedure assessment.
18. Provides the technical skills necessary to assist the physician in performing Interventional Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization procedures.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: Three years recent experience in Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory with interventional cardiology/STEMI is preferred. (One year must be within the last two years preferred). Interventional radiology experience preferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications: ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - issued by AHA - American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist. RCIS eligible within two years of hire. RCIS exam must be taken and passed within 1 year of eligibility.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.