HR Compliance Specialist
- Oakland, CA
- Human Resources
- SYS HR Operations
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29094-19608
- FTE: 1
- Posted: April 29, 2021
SUMMARY: The Human Resource Compliance Specialist monitors and maintains HR Compliance functions as it relates to accreditation, regulatory, and legal requirements; provides administrative and operational support related to a variety of compliance related tasks within the HR Service Center.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Acts as a resource for employees and managers regarding HR Policies, procedures, and protocols; responds to inquiries and escalates issues to subject matter experts as necessary.
- Audits systems designed to assure AHS ongoing compliance with appropriate external requirements within HR as generated by accrediting organizations, regulatory agencies, and legal authorities.
- Escalates HR Compliance discrepancies that do not meet accrediting organizations, regulatory agencies, and legal authority requirements.
- Monitors, audits, and maintains HR Compliance resource documents utilized within Human Resources.
- Audits and corrects HR Compliance discrepancies via reports and as advised by HRSC Manager.
- Acts as the first point of escalation for HR Compliance issues.
- Works with HRSC Manager to update processes and procedures.
- Maintains and analyze reports and documentation from third-party HR Compliance vendor.
- In consultation with HRSC manager and HRIS team, develops and completes regular reporting on employee data to monitor compliance.
- Audits and maintains HR Compliance related reports, licenses/certifications, and communications.
- Audits compliance documentation for recruitment, orientation, competence, credentialing, licensing, training, quality improvement and enters new hire documentation.
- Onboards AHS Student Interns and clear upon completion.
- Maintains I-9 verifications, reverifications, and communications.
- Gathers documentation and respond to AHS Subpoena requests.
- Acts as back-up for HRSC tasks, processes, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Required Experience: Three years of experience with HR compliance.