Manager, Patient Accounts
- Oakland, CA
- Patient Financial Svcs - Pro
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28802-19371
- FTE: 1
- Posted: May 2, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general direction, to plan, organize, and direct patient admissions/registration, patient financial services and the billing and collections of patients' accounts for services rendered through the facilities at Highland General Hospital; and to perform other related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls patient admissions, patient financial services, and the billing and collection of patient accounts.
- Analyzes federal, state, and county program requirements; implements changes to operating systems in order to conform to them or to improve patient accounting.
- Develops and implements operating procedures to improve the operation of the units; recommends and implements systems modifications.
- Assures that all hospital billing is coordinated in a timely fashion and that bills are mailed out promptly.
- Directs the adjustment, extended payment agreements, and implementation and settlement of hospital accounts; directs and oversees for the appropriate transfer of uncollectible patient accounts to central collections.
- Confers with other department heads and supervisory personnel, on policy, procedures, and personnel; plans and implements coordinated staff development and training programs.
- Completes studies and makes recommendations to improve the flow of financial information and/or viability in the hospital.
- Maintains and coordinates activities with Accounting and Utilizations Review Department.
- May represent superiors in contact with governmental and community agencies.
One year of full-time experience in the class of Assistant Manager, Patient Accounts or an equivalent or higher level classification in Alameda Health System. OR The equivalent of four years full-time administrative experience which includes three years of experience supervising subordinates in patient accounting, billing, credit or collection work in a health care field. Possessions of a bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university with a major in Accounting, Hospital Administration, Business Administration, or other closely related field may be substituted for one year of administrative experience. Additional education may not be substituted for supervisory experience.