AHD Supervisor, Food Services - Full Time-8hrs-Days
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Dietary Services
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28894-19449
- FTE: 1
- Posted: April 21, 2021
Job Summary: Under direction. Supervises the preparation, delivery and serving of food at Alameda Hospital. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Maintains quality assurance standards (i.e. patient care, Cafeteria Health and Safety, The Joint Commission, Title 22); keeps procedural manuals up to date; compiles data for reports; conducts QA surveys and inspections; develops plan of corrective action accordingly.
2. Monitors sanitation in the department and conducts sanitation rounds. Monitors the preparation and productions of standardized recipes; Oversees the production of meals, snacks and supplements served to patients and residents. Monitors and supervises trayline and does taste, texture, meal/diet accuracy checks.
3. Supervises personnel, procedures and operating systems; attends and participates in hospital and departmental meetings.
4. Supervises the activities of Food and Nutrition Servcies Department staff; assings work, evaluate work performance, coaches and disciplines associates as appropriate, coordinates and delivers required training.
5. Oversees the preparation, packaging and distribution of food for special functions and catering events.
6. Participates in performance improvement programs
7. Assists directors with Environment of care, infection prevention and control rounding and reporting.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree with major in food and nutrition, dietetics, or food management OR has one year of experience in a supervisory role in a food service operation of a licensed health facility OR a graduate of a dietetic technician training program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education, or currently registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration OR a graduate of a dietetic assistant training program approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics OR is a graduate of a dietetic services training program approved by the Dietary Managers Association and is a certified dietary manager credentialed by the Certifying Board of the Dietary Managers Association (if incumbent does not have this certification, then it must be obtained within 6 months of hire), maintains this certification, and has received at least 6 hours of in-service training on the specific CA dietary service requirements contained in Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations prior to assuming full-time duties as a Food Services Supervisor at Alameda Hospital.
Preferred Experience: Six months of experience as a Food Service Supervisor in a healthcare setting.
Required Licenses/Certifications: ServSafe Certificate (required within 6 months of hire).
A Community Hospital in Alameda County ... and so much more For generations, Alameda residents have found friendly, familiar faces and dedicated medical attention at their local hospital. Now, more and more individuals in Oakland and throughout the East Bay are turning to Alameda Hospital for quality care. We welcome all patients seeking an Alameda County Hospital or Bay Area Hospital who value a state-of-the-art medical facility, with a human touch. Alameda Hospital. We care.