SLH Supervisor, Materials Management
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Central Service & Supply
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 28884-19441
- FTE: 1
- Posted: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general direction, supervises the activities and staff of Materials Management Distribution to assure the internal and external flow of equipment, supplies, mailroom, courier services linen, and distribution, necessary for hospital operations and works with contracted companies as assigned, this includes assign work, schedule, develop, train and conduct performance reviews for assigned staff. Performs related duties as assigned.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assumes responsibilities of the Distribution Manager, Materials Management Materials Tech I/II/II and or Linen Worker as required; resolves problems associated with Materials Management operations.
2. Contact Biomedical Engineering to check incoming rental equipment and capital purchases prior to distribution; supervise the inventory storage structures at the site of service and adjusts inventory levels associated with supplies, linen and equipment in agreement with the customer.
3. Data maintenance of the automated supply computers, Materials Management computer (MMIS), PC workstations, and handheld computers.
4. Monitors and assures timely processing of patient charge system, mailroom, Lawson inventory system, handheld system, cycle count system, handheld database, vendor return system, inventory adjustment system, MMIS system and equipment rental system.
5. Monitors document transactions, delivery logs for signatures, customer requests and notes exceptions, returns and resolves problems associated with these transactions; supervise the communication process to Purchasing as appropriate.
6. Performs month/year end MMIS maintenance and reporting.
7. Prepares policies and procedures manual for all Materials Management Distribution functions for Manager’s approval. Reviews and revises procedures annually and as necessary.
8. Purchase supplies, equipment and services for Materials Management Distribution with the approval of the Director of Materials Management or management designee.
9. Supervises 24/7/365 operations of all Materials Management Distribution activities by interfacing with both hospital and outsource staff; participates in the selection and training of subordinates; participates in resolving staff problems; plans, assigns and establishes work priorities, provides direction, gives instructions and makes difficult materials operations decisions; Materials Management staff supervision with the proper priorities in performing daily operations and communicate routine emergency needs to individuals to assure proper operations.
10. Supervises procedures for the materials electronic and manual distribution system, computerized inventory control, rental equipment, equipment distribution, crash cart/intubation boxes, linen, patient charge and collection.
11. Supervises the data maintenance of manual data bases including, cycle count records, adjustment records, vendor return records, linen records, Materials Management reports, inventory history, rental equipment history, forms, delivery log, phone call log book and Materials Techs reports.
12. Supervises the flow of inventory from receiving through distribution, mailroom and courier service activity assuring the quality and accuracy of product integrity, including the put away process, restocking, par leveling and proper handling during distribution; supervise the flow of materials thru the Receiving, Central Distribution, Mailroom, and Print Shop; refer customers to appropriate departments for additional follow up and service.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field or eight years equivalent job experience.
Minimum Experience: Five to six total years in Materials Management processing customer orders or distribution of supplies, direct customer service and experience with either PC or Main frame computer materials.
Minimum Experience: Three years in a supervisory role or six years as lead (Material Management Technician III) in Materials Management.