- Hayward, CA
- Hayward Wellness Center
- Hayward Wellness Center
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 28691-19276
- FTE: 1
- Posted: March 9, 2021
SUMMARY: Alameda Health System is hiring. We’re seeking a candidate that can provide high quality health care to our community. This candidate will manage the overall operations of one or more health clinics, medical practices and program.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification; however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Plans, organizes and manages the operations and activities of one or more health clinics or health programs, ensuring a strategy for future grown in alignment with the AHS vision, mission and strategic plan; provides financial and management expertise to ensure that all patients receive high quality, affordable and efficient care; responsible for the day to day activities related to access, efficiency, productivity, service experience, scheduling, billing, provider communication and quality
- Monitors expenditures and service revenues; assists in maintaining budgetary control and meet budgeted productivity targets; develops data collection systems and prepares regular statistical and progress reports.
- Manages the flow of the operations to ensure compliance, efficiency and patient satisfaction.
- Makes regular rounds to units to evaluate status of patient care, operation and environment of the units and staff needs; evaluates progress of assigned areas and plans, implements and evaluates programs to meet current and anticipated needs.
- Manages revenue cycle components related to clinic operations to include charge reconciliation for providers and facility to meet budget targets; presents monthly revenue reports to key staff.
- Addresses issues raised by providers, staff, patients and other internal/external customers using LEAN and performance improvement principles; builds a culture of trust and collective problem-solving.
- Gathers and analyzes information to determine new and ongoing resource needs; determines objectives and formulates procedures and protocols; monitors progress toward objectives; participates in the development and implementation of policies, and priorities; monitors availability and use of reference manual content.
- Directs, supervises and coaches staff daily; ensures that all staff are operating to the top of their license and providing high-value care to patients; develops, implements and audits standard work throughout all units.
- Regularly evaluates staff performance and maintains a culture of accountability; addresses any performance issues as needed.
- Meets with the medical director (dyad partner) to review clinic performance and develop action plans to improve performance.
- Promotes patient and staff satisfaction; regularly evaluates satisfaction survey results and addresses areas of improvement
- Responsible for hiring, ensuring adequate staffing and ongoing timely performance evaluations and employees’ professional growth; ensures that staff understand roles and responsibilities and maintain high performance standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree is required from an accredited college or university in Health Administration, Public Health, Business or related field.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Business or related field
Required Experience: Six years general supervisory experience with increasing responsibility in hospital, medical clinic or health program; proven track record in growing physician practice revenues and volumes; Master’s Degree in Health Administration or related field from a recognized school may substitute for two years management experience.