Lead Lawson Applications Analyst
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IT OPS Projects
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28767-19339
- FTE: 1
- Posted: March 3, 2021
Alameda Health System is seeking an experienced Lead Lawson Applications Analyst who will utilize their expertise in providing proactive and preventative monitoring and maintenance of Lawson applications and systems including recovery, hardware optimization, planning, job monitoring, and application upgrades.
At Alameda Health System, we are dedicated to creating a positive and safe work environment for our patients, staff, and community. We promote equity of experience and opportunity to ensure staff of all background feel included and welcome.
Under general direction of senior management, the Lead Applications Analyst implements, supports, and maintains Lawson ERP applications with an emphasis on Human Resources, Payroll, and oversees the ERP IS analysts. The Lead Applications Analyst has a thorough understanding of the medical center's processes, environment, and assists the customer to fully maximize systems capabilities to meet the institutional goals of quality patient care, cost containment and operational efficiency. The Lead Applications Analyst is responsible for assigned systems and personnel and has a clear understanding of how systems interrelate with other patient care and financial systems. Performs related duties as required.
- Collaborate with leadership in physician, nurse, and other groups to create cohesive team approach for development of any medical center information system.
- Collaborate with other team leads to ensure integration of design and functionality across all medical center systems; manage focus groups and design groups for area of responsibility in designing and building AHS functionality.
- Full responsibility for implementation support for complex, enterprise wide financial and clinical information systems; responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of AHS functionality for area of responsibility.
- Identify and manage on-going support for process improvement and patient safety initiatives; manage the development and maintenance of system, user, and training documentation; able to work during non-primary shift hours, as needed; provides rotated on-call support; meets service level agreements to the organization; establish and maintain effective working relationships, acting as a role model to Information Systems staff.
- Lead AHS Information Technology team, consisting of senior applications analysts, applications analysts, consultants, and support staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry wide standards for information technology; Identifies and takes steps to achieve own educational needs to enhance professional development.
- Manage large, complex, enterprise wide projects and cross-functional teams; advise IT leadership in the development of strategies for use of technology and improvement of AHS workflow processes.
- Manage the development and on-going support of dictionaries, tables, screens, and parameters to support integrity and functionality of the AHS information systems; manage IT staff to provide AHS workflow and system solutions.
- Manage the development of client specifications, testing scripts, training curriculum and project plans across a continuum of minimum to maximum scope and complexity; recommend and develop solutions to system requirements.
- Manage the development of technical documentation through the proficient use of MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project or other department approved software tools as needed.
- Manage troubleshooting activities across all AHS systems, coordinating with customers, other Information System Teams, and vendor representatives as necessary; manage the development of and perform application testing addressing maintenance releases, integrated testing, and fixes.
- Work across functional boundaries with different constituency groups, e.g. orders, results, clinical documentation, finance, patient billing and patient management to ensure consistency with the AHS functions while also addressing downtime procedures.
- Works in a self-directed, dynamic, well-organized manner completing deliverables on time, and acting as a role model to Information Systems staff; performs supervisory responsibilities of senior applications analysts, applications analysts, consultants and support staff according to policies and standards; effectively monitors and improves team performance; demonstrates ability to perceive and articulate Information Systems goals and objectives in a customer service framework.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum seven years’ experience in information technology. Health care information systems experience strongly preferred.
Minimum Experience: Prior experience implementing a clinical, departmental, hospital, financial, or enterprise information system; Meditech Application support preferred.
Minimum of three years of experience implementing and/or supporting Lawson ERP applications as an IT functional analyst. This position requires depth and breadth of knowledge from an IT software application perspective, problem-solving and analytical thinking, data analysis/manipulation in Excel.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Clinical credential preferred for clinical system lead roles.
Previous experience in overseeing IS team members is desired.
Prior application experience with Lawson’s functional and operational needs is strongly preferred. Ability to support operational users for system configurations, optimization of usage and a good understanding of a variety of ERP processes and data is very desirable.