Supervisor I, Patient Services (rev 040818)-Full Time-8 hrs-Day-HGH
- Oakland, CA
- HGH Patient Access
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28533-19142
- FTE: 1
- Posted: March 2, 2021
Job Summary: Under direction, plans, organizes and supervises the work of technical and clerical staff involved in Medi-Calprogram eligibility and payment source documentation and processing. Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications: Minimum Experience: One-year full-time Medi-Cal eligibility experience and in a supervisory capacity within a patient access department.(Admitting and Registration)
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Interviews, selects, trains, and orients employees for the unit. Schedules available staff on a rotating basis.
2. Evaluates performance of employees and assists them in developing their full potentials; this may require working on any of the shifts with the employee being trained and evaluated.
3. Review Medi-Cal applications taken by the Patient Services Technicians to ensure that they are correct and complete before forwarding to the Social Services Agency.
4. Evaluates procedures for effectiveness; devises and implements changes in procedures and forms where appropriate which includes staff training.
5. Coordinates work of the unit with the requirements of other hospital agency departments.
6. Attends Social Services Agency training sessions on changes in aid regulations, interprets changes in regulation and trains ACMC staff on use of new regulations.
7. Attends meetings on matters pertaining to the function of the unit; maintains good communications and working relationships with personnel in other units.
8. Coordinates the recording and accumulation of statistical information to prepare reports as required.
9. Handles complaints or problems which are more complex and require an overall knowledge of hospital policies and procedures.
10. May prepare budget request and control expenditures for the unit.