Manager, Patient Access
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- JGP Admitting + Registration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28646-19240
- FTE: 1
- Posted: March 23, 2021
As the Manager of Patient Access, you will monitor and control access to all in-house services, and outpatient services for lab, radiology Ancillary Services and the emergency department.
- Manages staff and oversees employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Provides remediation plans when necessary to meet budget targets.
- Collaborates with various Hospital DNFB owners to help expedite resolution of edits for billing.
- Monitors and controls the daily flow of preadmission, admission information and activity
Monitors patient accounting metrics, example productivity, cash and DNFB reports.
- Subscribes to and maintains all available Medicare, Medi-Cal, Alameda Alliance for Health and other pertinent manual; reads, interprets and distributes regulatory information to all Managers, supervisors and staff.
- Performs special research, implements process improvements and assists in troubleshooting billing and collection procedural issues.
- Reviews all related workplace environments to maintain safe, efficient and functional areas for staff and the public, makes recommendations and delegates follow-up to completion when workplace improvements are needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Required Experience: Three years supervisory experience in a hospital/healthcare environment.
Preferred Experience: Supervisory experience within Revenue Cycle.