Director, Accounting Services
- Oakland, CA
- Accounting Services
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28755-19328
- FTE: 1
- Posted: March 1, 2021
As the Director of Accounting Services with Alameda Health System (AHS), you will oversee and coordinate the overall accounting close process for the system. You will ensure that all accounting and processing activities are done in accordance with established legal, regulatory and AHS procedures. As a key financial leader, you will need to effectively manage cross functional interactions with non-finance functions along with other members of the finance/accounting organization. You will provide leadership to a team of finance professionals, and be a key collaborator across our health system.
- Establish a monthly close schedule which details the steps required to close the general ledger in the most organized and efficient manner.
- Develop a monthly offering report that will allow the Controller to review the financial statements, key risk areas, and statistics.
- Analyze transactions and ensure that internal policies and controls are in place with regard to all transactions that are recorded in the general ledger.
- Review and sign off on all areas of risk and journal entries over a significant dollar threshold.
- Determine that all assets and liabilities are accurately reflected in the current period in the general ledger.
- Support other general ledger requests and analysis as required.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting of net patient and other revenues including understanding the revenue systems, reviewing the work of the revenue accountants including reimbursement activity and coordinating with the patient accounting department.
- Supervise the annual audit of the financial statements.
- Supervise and review reporting for regulatory purposes.
- Maintain a continual review of processing procedures with recommendations for changes in policy when required.
- Authorize and escalate exceptions to existing policy within approval authority.
- Support other departments on financial issues.
- Provide education to department managers related to accounting policies and procedures.
- Review individual and group performance and productivity compared to defined standards.
- Responsible for hiring and formal and informal performance evaluations.
- Assist the coach staff with troubleshooting projects, processing issues, and policy enforcement.
- Technical aspects as required by outside government institutions.
- Internal requirements as established by administrative policy and contractual agreements.
- Proper handling of inquiries and interaction with others in a courteous manner.
- Counsel employees and ensure that ACMC’s policies and procedures, including affirmative action and sexual harassment, are followed.
- Partner with Information Technology to define parameters for processing all accounting transactions.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities listed. Typically, equivalent to:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent. CPA or MBA preferred.
Experience: Eight to ten years of experience in a related role. Five years of health care industry experience preferred.