Gardener II-Full Time-8hr-Days-FMT
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 28584-19187
- FTE: 1
- Posted: February 26, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, plants, transplants, and propagates trees, shrubs and flowers. Applies pesticides safely, installs and repairs irrigation systems and keeps assigned grounds area clean and attractive. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Clean up brush and other debris.
2. Construct paths and walks and occasionally do routine cement work.
3. Cut grass with mowers, edgers and blowers.
4. Install, repair and operate irrigation systems.
5. Maintain power and hand tools in good, safe condition.
6. Plant, transplant, prune and care for trees, shrubs, and annual and perennial flowers.
7. Police grounds, walkways, and parking lots.
8. Prepare soil for plants and lawns, using natural and artificial fertilizers.
9. Safely apply pesticides.
10. Work with and train unskilled helpers; i.e., inmates and other special program employees.
Minimum Experience: The successful completion of the equivalent of one year of full-time experience in the class of Gardener I with AHS; OR the equivalent of two years of full-time experience in skilled gardening work. (Successful completion of a two-year course in gardening at an accredited trade school may be substituted for one year of the required experience.)
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid pesticide application certificate must be obtained within six months from date of appointment to the Gardener IIposition; valid California driver's license.