Trauma Program Social Worker
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Care Management
- Req #: 28212-18862
- FTE: 1
- Posted: February 26, 2021
SUMMARY: The trauma program social worker facilitates the emotional well-being of trauma patients throughout the spectrum of care.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides crisis interventions and facilitate conversations between stakeholders (including patient family, law enforcement, CBOs, etc), assists in challenging discharges of trauma patients and collaborates with clinical social services/care management to provide necessary resources and safe discharge planning.
2. Initiates and facilities the process of having mandated screenings completed, referral to the appropriate services, unique needs met, and partner with social services and care management to address psychosocial needs.
3. Follows up with trauma patients post-discharge, provides appropriate resources (medical and social), facilitates compliance with follow up medical appointments and coordinates care with internal and external agencies and resources.
4. Provides referrals for opportunities for improvement in addition to being the social services liaison to Trauma Medical Audit Committee and the Trauma Quality Review Committee.
5. Assists the trauma registry in locating and utilizing data elements (particularly those required by ACS) and ensuring accuracy and completion of the health record (both in EPIC and the trauma database).
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Master’s degree in Social Work.
Required Experience: One year Trauma Program Coordination experience
Preferred Experience: Experience in a safety net hospital environment.