SLH Tech - Multi-Modality-Part Time-8hr-Evenings
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Radiology Diagnostic
- Part Time - Evening
- Allied Health
- Req #: 28510-19125
- FTE: 0.8
- Posted: March 1, 2021
SUMMARY: The SLH Multi Modality Tech. performs general diagnostic examinations as well as functioning in minimum of one additional specialty area, (Cat-Scan). Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Establishes and maintains department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Performs examinations on additional specialty modalities (one or more) within the Diagnostic radiology area these include but are not limited to CT, Angiography, and/or Mammography. Performs radiographic examinations, including general radiographic, surgical, portable, emergency, trauma and outpatient examination.
3. Reviews and evaluates completed tests for quality, completeness and type of test ordered, ensures quality images.
4. Obtains patient history, answers patient questions and explains the procedure.
5. Provides radiation protection, as prescribed by DSHS radiation section Title 17 Public health, for patient, employees, visitors and physicians.
6. Selects and operates equipment within guidelines of the hospital and Department of Radiology; assures maintenance of equipment and materials. Maintains department facilities, in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort, safety of patients and staff.
7. Assists physician during performance of examinations; demonstrate ability to adapt to individual physicians routines.
8. Oversees the work of other staff by training, allocating and monitoring work; performs work of a similar nature.
9. Maintains effective communication with the department; provides information and support to patients. Physicians, visitors and other staff within department and hospital.
10. Prepare, updates and maintains department records, files and reports; participates in all areas of clerical responsibilities including operation of front reception area as well as film and file rooms.
Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent from two year college, military or technical school (Certified Radiology Technologist Program accepted).
Education: AMA approved program in Radiologic Technology.
Minimum Experience: Twelve months hospital setting preferred.
Required Certification/Licenses: ARRT Certification and Maintenance CRT State of California Registration.
Required Certification/Licenses: Fluoroscopy license.
Required Certification/Licenses: CPR certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Certification/Licenses: Venipuncture certification required.
Preferred Certification/Licenses: Certification in specialty area Cat Scan preferred, not required. Candidate would need to acquire ARRT-CT and complete within 12 months of hire.
Candidate must be able to perform CT. May be willing to train selected candidate.
ARRT-CT preferred and ARRT-R is required.