- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Nurses Staffing
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Req #: 28517-19130
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: February 25, 2021
SUMMARY: Under general direction, the Staffing Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day staffing. The Staffing Coordinator will manage staffing and scheduling teams as well as provide instructions to nursing units regarding unit staffing. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Adapts well to changing routines; demonstrates flexibility in demands of Nursing Staff and Department Leaders.
2. Answers phone, referring calls to appropriate Nursing Staff member. Types reports, letters, etc., as needed and appropriate, for the Nursing Office.
3. Coordinates daily schedules, assigning staff to appropriate department, as needed.
4. Notifies Nursing Supervisor/Department Leader of staffing problems and/or find solutions appropriately.
5. Assists Department Leaders/Supervisors with employee requests for vacation and holiday time, after the schedules are posted.
6. Ensures that all staffing reports are prepared and directed to the appropriate departments.
7. Demonstrates professional communication with ancillary departments to maintain departmental efficiency.
8. Demonstrates self-direction in work routine; accepts direction from others, as appropriate.
9. Ensures staff's availability schedules are received in a timely manner; calls staff members as changes and/or additions are needed.
10. Notifies Registry agencies for early and ongoing bookings. Maintains the registry binder for all registry personnel’s timesheets.
11. Maintains contracts and rates with registries. Reconciles registry accounts on a weekly basis prior to submitting to Account for payment. Ensures correct information/data is on weekly registry sign-in sheets, providing authorization signature before sheets are distributed to appropriate registries.
12. Reports unusual occurrences, complaints, requests of personnel to appropriate Department Leader or House Supervisor. Able to assist House Supervisor as needed.
13. Escalate any issues to the Nurse Staffing Office Manager, Nursing House Supervisor, and Nursing Leadership as necessary.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; AA Degree in General Education or Business preferred.
Minimum Experience: At least one year of staffing experience in the medical field.