SLH Supervisor, Food Services-Part Time-Days
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Food + Nutrition Svcs
- Part Time - Varies
- Req #: 28491-19109
- FTE: 0.5
- Posted: February 12, 2021
SUMMARY: Under direction. Supervises the preparation, delivery and serving of food at San Leandro Hospital. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Works under the general direction of the Director of Food and Nutrition Services. Oversees patient meal assembly, tray line, ware washing,café services, catering services and other areas as needed.
2. Establishes and maintains quality assurance standards (i.e. patient care, Cafeteria Health and Safety, The Joint Commission, Title 22);; keeps procedural manuals up to date; compiles data for reports; conducts QA surveys and inspections; develops plan of corrective action accordingly.
3. Monitors sanitation in the Department and conducts sanitation rounds.
4. Standardizes recipes and tests new products for use; consult with Food Service Management regarding personnel, procedures and operating systems; participates in Food Service Management group rotating work schedule; attends hospital meetings.
5. Supervises the activities of all staff within the Food and Nutrition Department at San Leandro Hospital.assigns work, evaluates work performance, coordinates and delivers all required training.
6. Supervises the cleaning and packaging of utensils and dishes required for special functions; oversees the preparation, packaging and distribution of refreshments ordered for patients and personnel for special functions.
7. Supports and guides the Food and Nutrition Service team as needed under the leadership of the department director.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree with major studies in food and nutrition, dietetics, or food management and has one year of experience in the dietetic service of a licensed health facility OR a graduate of a dietetic technician training program approved by the American Dietetic Association, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education, or currently registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration OR a graduate of a dietetic assistant training program approved by the American Dietetic Association OR is a graduate of a dietetic services training program approved by the Dietary Managers Association and is a certified dietary manager credentialed by the Certifying Board of the Dietary Managers Association (if incumbent does not have this certification, then it must be obtained within 6 months of hire), maintains this certification, and has received at least 6 hours of in-service training on the specific CA dietary service requirements contained in Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations prior to assuming full-time duties as a Food Services Supervisor at San Leandro Hospital.
Minimum Experience: One year of experience as a Senior Food Service Worker OR six months of experience as a Food Service Supervisor, preferably in a health care setting, or experience as a supervisor in a clinical or health care setting.
Required Licenses/Certifications: ServSafe Certificate or obtained within 3 months of hire.