Manager, Ambulatory Applications
- Oakland, CA
- Information Systems
- SYS IS Apps Ambulatory
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28442-19063
- FTE: 1
- Posted: January 22, 2021
As the Manager of Ambulatory Applications for Alameda Health System, you will be for design, development, ongoing maintenance, and deployment of enhanced features and functionality related to Epic’s Ambulatory, Healthy Planet, MyChart, EpicCare Link, Telehealth and complementing applications and solutions. You will lead a team of dedicated professionals in this work, and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders to accomplish goals.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills; monitors workflow.
- Manages the implementation and support of Epic Ambulatory related applications (Ambulatory, MyChart, Healthy Planet, EpicCare Link) projects.
- Manages a large portfolio of projects throughout the project lifecycle and within scope, schedule, and budget; assigns tasks, provide oversight and provide second level support; evaluates all new releases and functionality of applications in project portfolio on an ongoing basis; partners and collaborates with IS Project Management Office project managers on the implementation of larger, more strategic initiatives.
- Provides recommendations for user adoption and transition strategies; implements and evaluates change management strategies; provides oversight to all team members to deliver on identified strategies.
- Synthesizes process and requirements analysis including process mapping through flowcharts, documenting current and future states, requirements elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering on complex projects; synthesizes data to complete gap analysis and provides associated recommendations.
- Synthesizes operations and project interdependencies and applies recommendations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for vendor support assistance during the project lifecycle as well as in resolving issues with vendor; performs annual evaluation of support contract and service level agreement.
- Provides clear and organized project status reporting to all stakeholders; coordinates team members to gather information and prepare organized, consistent and accurate status reporting.
- Leads tactical discussions by identifying options with the associated pros and cons with IS team members and others; provides management with translation of the tactical/functional plan.
- Creates and maintains smaller Ambulatory Applications project budgets; escalates budget issues to management; assists with annual capital and operational budgeting process; routinely monitors expenses to mitigate budget overages; develops corrective action plan to stay on budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
Required Experience: Seven years’ experience working in a health care environment with increasing responsibility generally in the area of Ambulatory Applications within Information Services with a mix of individual contribution, people leadership and project leadership.
Preferred Experience: Epic implementation experience; experience with implementing and supporting MyChart, EpicCare Link, and Healthy Planet; experience working in Federally Qualified Health Centers.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification in Ambulatory.