AHD Senior Physical Therapist
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Physical Therapy
- Part Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 28336-18968
- FTE: 0.8
- Posted: January 29, 2021
SUMMARY: The AHD Senior Physical Therapist provides treatment to patients of Alameda Hospital under the referral of the patient's Physician. In addition the AHD Senior Physical Therapist will provide supervision of staff and department, as well as perform administrative duties assigned by the Director of the department. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assists the Manager, Rehabilitation in any or all administrative departmental functions as related to Physical Therapy. Assumes responsibility for the department in the absence of the Lead Physical Therapist. Determine staffing needs. Ensures effective utilization of staff within the budget.
2. Supervises and advises staff Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, and other supportive personnel to assure highest quality of patient care and service to Alameda Hospital. Interviews and evaluates staff as appropriate.
3. Assist with Quality Improvement Program
4. Determines equipment needs and maintain supplies to perform Physical Therapy services.
5. Performs patient care duties as per Staff Physical Therapist Description. Treats patients of all ages (e.g. infants, children, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, elderly, ages 0-120 years), races, creeds, genders, and disabilities without bias or prejudice.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Must possess a degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited school of Physical Therapy. Minimum Experience: Three to five years of experience in an acute care/rehabilitation department of a medical center serving a diverse patient population. Required Licenses/Certifications: Current licensure by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Physical Therapy Board of California as a Physical Therapist. Required Licenses/Certification: Current BLS – Basic Life Support certification, issued by AHA – American Heart Association.