Radiology Technologist II - Part Time-10hrs-Days-HGH
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Radiology Diagnosis
- Part Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 28342-18973
- FTE: 0.75
- Posted: February 24, 2021
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, the Radiology Technologist II performs a variety of duties in the Department of Radiology/ Imaging Services of Alameda Health System. Performs various diagnostic imaging examinations of patients as directed for diagnostic and treatment purposes according to established procedures. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in these classifications; however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in these classifications.
1. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with designate areas or procedures as required
2. Performs all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties as determined by employer.
3. Produces radiographs, positions and transfers patients. Provides immobilization devices as required.
4. Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis
5. Selects and operates all imaging equipment as directed
6. Develops film by automatic processing and must also be proficient in utilizing the Picture Archival Communications (PACS) System.
7. Provides protection in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards
8. Assists physician in administering opaque media
9. Responsible for delegated areas of authority in the performance of routine, angiographic and computerized tomography procedures.
10. May be responsible for specific areas of technical instruction in the school of technology, in service training and the training of ancillary personnel.
11. Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination
12. Maintains adequate records as directed
13. Maintains orderliness and cleanliness
14. Secures and returns supplies
15. Cooperates with all personnel in the proper conduct of the department
16. Rotates assignments within the department and by assigned shifts as required.
17. Assists in rooming of patients.
18. May be required to assist in the development of technical factors and film selection.
19. May assist in the use of a variety of equipment or procedures not routinely taught
20. May assist in the training of students
21. Performs other related duties as required
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: One year of continuous recent experience as a radiologic technologist.
Minimum Experience: Recent experience in acute care setting in a full service hospital as a radiologic technologist.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department of Health Services.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If mammographic examinations are performed, must have valid mammography certification.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid ARRT Radiologic Technologist certification or equivalent education approved by the state of California.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid certificate as a Radiologic Technologist issued by the State of California Department of Public Health.