- Oakland, CA
- Human Resources
- HR Recruitment
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 28275-18915
- FTE: 1
- Posted: January 12, 2021
SUMMARY: We're hiring! Alameda Health System is seeking a Recruitment/Employment Coordinator to support our new interview & selection model. Under the supervision of the Director/Manager Recruitment Operations (Employment Services), this position will support the recruiters and be responsible for effectively generating support and coordination in all areas and phases of the recruiting cycle: postings, employment advertising, screening resumes and applications, scheduling candidate interviews, etc. The position will administer, facilitate and finalize the on-boarding process which includes ensuring all new hire documentation is received, reviewed for accuracy and completeness, and processed. The position ensures that a complete background check has been conducted on each employee including reference checks, certification & licensure, education, primary source verification and other appropriate background and qualifying data. Originates, maintains and manipulates employment data and generates employment reports. This position will work closely with Education, Employee Health, HRIS and Compliance to ensure a complete personnel file. This position represents the Recruitment- Employment team at the AHS-General Hospital Orientation. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Answers routine questions from and prepares routine correspondence for candidates, general public and AHS employees related to job opportunities, employment procedures, rules and regulations, job opportunities, salary information, benefits, memorandums of understanding and examination scheduling; refers more complex questions to professional staff.
- Assists in performing research by gathering, assembling and compiling data and information required for various studies and reports.
- Assists with affirmative action and recruitment activities for specified classifications by attending job fairs and schools, and preparing advertisements.
- Conducts necessary criminal background checks on applicants.
- Conducts Primary Source Verifications.
- May be required to provide coverage in the absence of staff in any of the Human Resources-Recruitment support areas (such as Front Reception, orienting volunteers, etc.).
- May be required to provide coverage in the absence of staff.
- Oversees processing of a variety of Human Resources -Recruitment transactions to assure timeliness, accuracy and proper processing, including position control, flexibly staffed promotions and other classification and pay issues.
- Performs preliminary pre-screening of employment applications for minimum qualifications and completeness; greets and directs applicants.
- Performs special support projects and related work as assigned by Director/Manager. Performs various human resources and payroll processing functions such as assistance with tracking I-9 documentation and the employee referral program.
- Receives and enters applicant information into the Applicant Tracking System; conducts screening of applications to determine if applicants meet minimum requirements following structured criteria.
- Researches, gathers data for and assists with development and implementation of department policies, procedures and systems as they relate to Human Resources actions or for other special projects.
- Schedules, meets with, and reviews paperwork with new employee; ensures all necessary new hire paperwork is filled out accurately and returned in a timely fashion.
- Creates personnel file for new employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited community college or university with major coursework in Human Resources or related field is preferred. Minimum Experience: One year of full-time experience working with Human Resources and/or Recruitment and Employment policies, procedures and practices. Additionally, experience working in a service oriented and high volume recruitment and staffing function in the healthcare industry and setting is highly preferred.