CN II - Ambulatory Clinic Nurse
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Ambulatory Svcs Administration
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Req #: 28346-18977
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: January 7, 2021
SUMMARY: Under direction, Ambulatory Care Nurses perform professional nursing duties for outpatient clinical areas; treat and educate patients, their families and the public regarding various medical conditions; record medical histories and symptoms; perform diagnostic tests and analyze results; operate medical equipment; administer treatment and medications; make assessments and create a plan of care; perform care coordination and case management; participate actively in the team-based care model; provide lead direction to other nursing and paraprofessional personnel and perform other duties as assigned and required by the assigned clinical setting.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Organizes, supervises, makes adjustments and accepts responsibility for the quality of care provided patients and families by co-workers for a given work period; responsibilityas a team leader whenassigned.
2. Participates in the implementation of patient care standards, infection controlstandards and quality assurance criteria; assist with conducting studies; participates in unit and othermeetings.
3. Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values. Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers.
4. Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to deliver coordinated, high quality care.
5. Performs nursing care following prescribed roles, policies, protocols and procedures.
6. Complete patient assessments and triage, record patient histories, symptoms and observations.
7. Clinical skills include but are not limited to: vital signs, provide wound care, performs catheterization, Point of Care Testing and phlebotomy.
8. Provides clinical support, care coordination and direct case management including patient education, goal setting, self-management teaching and coaching.
9. Effectively utilizes population health methodologies such as patient registry, inreach, outreach, care protocols and team-based care to improve patient and population outcomes
10. Provides care coordination of patient-centered care, based on evidence-based guidelines; coordination based on patients’ health care needs and treatment recommendations to establish and maintain a plan of care jointly created and managed by patient, family and care team.
11. Administers medications, immunizations, performs medication reconciliation. Titrates medications/manages refills per clinical guidelines.
12. Performs accurate assessment of patient conditions (face to face or through telehealth) and utilizes guidelinesor standardized proceduresto create an effective plan of care.
13. Critically evaluates and uses good judgment in unusual or emergent situations.
15. Ability to empathize with vulnerable populations and underserved patients.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program
Preferred experience: Six months of fulltime recent experience as an RN in a comparable area of specialty; current experience of at least 2 years as an LVN practicing in the ambulatory clinics at Alameda Health System may substitute for six months fulltime recent experience as an RN.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Provide existing (or obtain new, if needed) NPI number
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Certification in area of specialty