Diagnostic & Interventional Services Coordinator
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Imaging Administration
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 28279-18919
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: January 6, 2021
Job Summary: Responsible for the scheduling and coordination of diagnostic and interventional imaging patients while validating eligibility and authorization prior to care.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Check-in/Sign-In for appointments and walk in exams, validating correct patient and exam by utilizing two patient identifiers. Obtain consent for conditions of admission (COA), MSPQ (Medicare) questionnaire, and applying patient identification wrist band as appropriate; scanning documents into patient charts.
2. Follow customer service guidelines in greeting and assisting patients with appointments, directions, scheduling, check-in to radiology services, check-in transfer patients for imaging services from outside hospitals.
3. Schedules all Radiology/Imaging and Cardiology Non Invasive Lab modalities including Ultrasound, Mammogram, CT Scan, MRI, Interventional Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Echocardiograms, Stress EKG, Stress Echocardiogram, Doubutamine Stress Echocardiogram and EKG.
4. Validates outside referrals, enabling for patient billing within EPIC, ability to analyze and appropriately validate billing and insurance coverage, authorization for coverage, and transcription of outside authorizations and orders into EPIC.
5. Perform complex workflows regarding order transcription, knowledge of CPT and billing coding entry.
6. Validates referrals/orders verifies for completeness and appropriateness, communication with referral sources to obtain additional information as needed with external and internal specialty orders
7. Provides patient front desk check in, including assessment for insurance eligibility and scheduling for for all above modalities.
8. Performs Breast Coordinator functions including creating orders for create call backs, schedules next level exams from Radiologist Results report, maintains data in breast coordinator work queue, sends out results and reminder letters, schedules follow up and call back appointments.
9. Coordinates with multiple departments within AHS and outside facilities scheduling radiology appointments.
10. Mails disc to patients, clinics, hospitals and private offices.
11. Troubleshoots transfer system issues between programs and PAC’s Cubes (Release of Information).
12. Sends mammogram priors to Radiologist for ready to read reviewing from Breast Coordinator Template
13. Picks up and distributes mail between modalities and providers.
14. Offer guidance based on Radiologist approved protocols to providers in the correct coding for referrals and orders.
15. Burns images on disc, uploads images from outside facilities, digitizes Mammogram films, collect and copies personal information; power of attorney, ID and ROI (release of information) release forms/letters.
16. Takes information from emergency calls, stat requests for imaging, trouble shooting for patients, providers and inter departmental coordination for patient care in imaging and answer general inquiries.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: Associates degree or higher.
Required Experience: Two years (or equivalent) of full time clerical experience.
Preferred Experience: Experience with medical imaging scheduling, authorization, and eligibility; medical terminology.