Medical Director of Ambulatory Health Outcomes
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Ambulatory Svcs Administration
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28237-18883
- FTE: 1
- Posted: December 22, 2020
SUMMARY: Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all the medical care provided at the clinic site.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Develops, reviews, and/or implements criteria for personnel management, staffing levels, placement, task assignment, authority responsibility, productivity, promotion, disciplinary action and remuneration for physicians and personnel.
- Oversees documentation and care planning.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Recommends and assists with development of new services and clinical programs, including cost and value analysis and appropriate evaluation and follow up to ensure efficacy of services.
- Recruits, hires, directs, evaluates, and coordinates the professional activities of the paid and volunteer medical, dental, and other health care staff providing outpatient services.
- Represents AHS in medical-administrative and medical-educational matters with other institutions, universities, private and public organizations including community organizations and individuals, the press and other media, the professional medical community, and accrediting and regulatory agencies as guided by the CAO for Ambulatory Services.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate clinical access to services; this includes evaluating and ensuring provider-level productivity, including clinic templates and empanelment, monitoring access standards and ensuring compliance with state and federal benchmarks, and ensuring adequate coverage for provider leave & absences.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall quality of care provided at the clinical site including adherence to best practices, AHS policies & procedures and standard work; responsible for ensuring the site meets and state and federal benchmarks.
- Responsible for maintaining an active clinical practice in the specialty area that the individual is overseeing.
- Responsible for provider engagement, including reviewing and improving provider engagement survey scores, identifying and mentoring clinical champions for key initiatives and supporting professional development.
- Serves on AHS medical and administrative committees.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid License to practice medicine in the State of California; certification by a specialty Board.
Required Education: M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited Medical or Osteopathic school.
Required Experience: Five years of clinical leadership/managerial experience in hospital/clinic/healthcare administration.