- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Clinical Education
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28043-18730
- FTE: 1
- Posted: January 12, 2021
SUMMARY: Collaborates with nursing management and staff across departments to assess, plan, develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and revise educational programming for all levels of nursing personnel and non-nursing personnel as indicated or requested.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Collects and assesses data and information related to education needs and other pertinent situations, including identification of trends, issues and supporting data to determine a comprehensive education program for assigned units/clinics including classroom, clinical experiences and learning technologies.
2. Assesses, plans, develops, implements and evaluates comprehensive education programs to meet the orientation and ongoing competency needs and professional development needs of the Nursing Department leadership and staff, with specific focus for his/her units/clinics, which supports the AHS model of professional nursing practice.
3. Provides consultation to enhance continuing education, professional development opportunities and mentorship opportunities.
4. Develops and delivers/coordinates other educational programs as directed (e.g., Grand Rounds, in-services, continuing education, job-specific and specialty curricula).
5. Develops curricula that is reflective of evidence-based practice and uses the appropriate methods of teaching to accommodate learning styles and the learning environment.
6. Plans, develops, and evaluates the preceptor program to enhance the orientation process and the retention of staff; serves as a role model through educational programs and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
7. Serves as a facilitator to nurse residents and actively mentors and supports their growth in the profession and clinical practice.
8. Participates in continuing education provider unit as a Nurse Planner; utilizes Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), The Joint Commission and CMS criteria to assess needs, plan, implement and evaluate continuing nursing education activities;.
9. Integrates relevant research outcomes into nursing professional development practice through effective learning activities.
10. Evaluates outcomes of the educational programs and utilizes findings for continued improvement; incorporates objective assessment of classroom and clinical performance into evidence-based evaluation framework; applies measurement instruments and statistical analysis, seeking consultation when needed.
11. Supports integration of research into practice and helps develop staff members’ knowledge and skills in the research process.
12. Plans educational programming for new or changing programs of care; assists in development of clinical policies and procedures as requested.
13. Supports of integration of research into practice and helps develop staff members’ knowledge and skills in the research process.
14. Responsible for reporting to licensing, certification, accreditation and other regulatory bodies for educational program compliance.
15. Participates in quality performance improvement activities.
16. Participates in strategic planning, ad hoc projects and educational activities as assigned for the department; communicates effectively with colleagues across AHS to advance goal achievement.
17. Fosters achievement of Nursing & Clinical Education/Development goals and objectives.
18. Participates in strategic planning, ad hoc projects and educational activities as assigned for the department.
19. Identifies factors that affect staff's ability to fulfill their job responsibilities, collaborates with management to effect appropriate change in systems.
20. Promotes and cultivates positive relationships with academic programs to foster positive image and relationships with AHS; is accessible and supportive of undergraduates and graduate nursing students and faculty from affiliating schools of nursing.
21. Consults with the community for program planning and implementation and evaluation in order to meet staff development and patient care needs.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing; Bachelors of Science in Nursing Education.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business, Public Health and/or Public Policy
Required Experience: Two (2) of relevant nursing experience in an acute care setting and one (1) year of experience with orientation and education of nursing staff in clinical setting; experience in education program design evaluation and adult education principles.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) & Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
***ALAMEDA HEALTH SYSTEM EMPLOYEES ONLY -> Double Referral Points Offered To Any Employee That Can Refer A Qualified Candidate That Can Successfully Complete The Hiring Process, For More Information Please Contact HR/Recruitment.***