SLH Clinical Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- San Leandro Hospital
- SLH Pharmacy
- Full Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 28156-18818
- FTE: 1
- Posted: February 10, 2021
SUMMARY: The SLH Clinical Coordinator coordinates the clinical activities of the Pharmacy Department. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Assist in the preparation, revision and evaluation of Pharmacy Department Policies and Procedures.
2. Attend and participate in the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee, as well as other hospital committees and meetings.
3. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs and other pharmaceuticals for patient care.
4. Coordinate the clinical activities of the pharmacy department, including quality assurance, clinical monitors and drug storage inspections. Management of the Drug Utilization Evaluation program is a priority in this area.
5. Maintain and monitor Pharmacy Department equipment & supplies; also legally controlled pharmaceuticals which must be handled in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
6. Interacts with other patient care departments within hospital to provide highest quality patient care. Interacts with physicians to provide drug information.
7. May supervise 2 to 3 Pharmacy Technicians in the Pharmacy. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and regulatory requirements; assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
8. Works under direction of Department Leader, but must be able to carry out clinical functions of job with minimal supervision.
Education: Graduation from accredited school of Pharmacy.
Education Preferred: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D).
Minimum Experience: One year hospital experience required, including inpatient clinical experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current California license as Registered Pharmacist.