Director, Resource & Materials Management
This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Materials Management
- Full Time - Varies
- Req #: 28142-18809
- FTE: 1
- Posted: December 21, 2020
SUMMARY: Under direction of Chief Financial Officer to manage, supervise and coordinate operations of the Materials Management Department and its activities, including Sterile Processing, Supply Logistics, Laundry/Linen, Duplication and Mail Services, Distribution and Receiving Services, Forms Management, Purchasing, Contracts department, and Product Management Divisions of Health and Hospital System.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Develops and implements systems and controls, facilities and manpower resources to improve productivity and efficiency of materials handling operations
- Establishes processes for streamlined, reliable, and efficient supply replenishment and procurement for all departments
- Develops and enhances programs for advanced distribution and low or no inventory (stockless) replenishment
- Identifies, designs, and provides direction for supply cost reduction activities
- Maintains standards for supply handling and equipment processing as provided by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, California State Department of Health Services, and other regulatory agencies
- Develops and enhances automated procurement, inventory handling, equipment tracking, patient charge collection, and other systems for support of Materials Management services and improvement in service and productivity
- Educates and acts as a resource to hospital departments in the acquisition, use and correct storage of supplies.
- Participates in budget development and evaluation, productivity monitoring and quality assurance
- Participates in personnel management in the areas of labor relations, recruitment, hiring, goal setting, evaluation orientation, team building and mentoring
- Coordinates the acquisition of medical supplies and hospital and clinic equipment through the AHS Purchasing office
- Develops policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving and storage, distribution, duplicating and mail transport throughout the AHS
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer in the form of reports, budgets, supply utilization analysis and capital expenditure management
- Maintains good interdepartmental and intradepartmental relationships by providing the highest level of services, management assistance and open communication
- Coordinates the maintenance of the computer software program
- Acts as the Chairperson of the Product Evaluation Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Business Administration, Economics, Health Care or related field; Master’s degree highly desired
- Five (5)-seven (7) years’ experience with Materials Management in a healthcare environment
- Minimum two years management or direct supervisory experience
- Knowledge of JCAHO and state regulations as it relates to acute and skilled nursing facilities