Manager, Administrative Services
- San Leandro, CA
- John George Psychiatric Hospital
- JGP Hospital Admin
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 28109-18782
- FTE: 1
- Posted: December 3, 2020
SUMMARY: The Manager of Administrative Services is responsible for providing administrative/clinical leadership and direction for the hospital operations varied shifts.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: Following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Acts as liaison between Nursing Staff, Administration, Medical Staff and other departments.
2. Manages personnel through staff development, performance evaluations, goal setting and when necessary, progressive discipline.
3. Assists with performance improvement departmental goals, objectives, and budgets in accordance with the Medical Center’s mission and strategic plans, Identifies clinical and managerial needs and seeks educational opportunities for development.
4. Responsible for development, implementation and review of CQI projects.
5. Assesses staff ability to fulfill specified responsibilities and helps facilitate change
6. Provides assistance and consultation regarding operational issues.
7. Plans, develops, implements and evaluates policies, procedures, patient care standards, programs and/or services.
8. Responsible for maintenance of the acuity system including updates as needed.
9. Co-Chairs Nursing Leadership Meetings and other meetings as assigned.
10. Assists Managers with educational programs, staff competencies needs and new hire orientation.
11. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
> Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; Master’s Degree in Nursing, health or business administration.
Required Experience: Five years progressive experience in a leadership/management level position and in clinical/specialty area(s).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California; BLS - Basic Life Support Certification, issued by the American Heart Association. Team training upon hire.