- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 28063-18746
- FTE: 1
- Posted: December 1, 2020
Alameda Health System is seeking a LEAN Consultant with extensive experience working in a healthcare setting. Candidate is responsible for supporting LEAN consulting as well as leading multiple LEAN efforts and projects across the system. Must have experience leading multidisciplinary project teams consisting of front-line subject matter experts, leaders, physicians, clinicians and nurses through rapid improvement events or Kaizens. Lean Six Sigma green belt certification is preferred, as is knowledge and application of various change management frameworks.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Administers the baseline assessments of LEAN application (including 5S achievement, Proficiency Level education and training needs, and Standard Work implementation); facilitates reporting of KAIZEN metrics into Visibility and Story Boards.
- Engages in auditing KAIZENs completed by Certified Leaders outside.
- Facilitates improvement events such as Kaizens, improvement projects and other non-Kaizen events.
- Works in partnership with business units to develop LEAN strategies.
- Defines and frames complex issues and develops timetables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Coordinates team/project activities and schedules.
- Researches key business issues and directs the collecting and analyzing of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Synthesizes analysis and identifies key findings.
- Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach and work plan.
- Provides staff leadership to project teams, as we as managers work of outside consultants when needed.
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Communicates results/recommendation to project sponsors.
- Makes formal presentation to various senior level audiences.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Recommends actions steps to team and client.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Establishes team membership and project participants.
- Transfers project team knowledge/tools to client.
- Manages the effort to support organizational LEAN implementation.
- Manages training and coaching efforts within the KPO and throughout the organization in LEAN principles and workshop leadership.
- Assist in the determination of goals and priorities with teams, clients, or project management sponsors.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or closely related field.
Required Experience: Three years’ relevant LEAN experience.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: LEAN certification or Green Belt certification, if new hire does not possess a Lean belt certification, the new hire must obtain it within twelve (12) months of employment.