Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Outpatient
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Medical Clinic
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Care Management
- Req #: 28020-18718
- FTE: 0.01
- Posted: November 20, 2020
Job Summary: Provides outpatient clinical services as part of AHS’s Integrated Behavioral Health model; conduct assessments with focus on mild to moderate mental health issues and substance use disorders, provide evidence based counseling and interventions, refers to community resources when appropriate, provides guidance and advocacy for accessing community resources
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Provides clinical services to population of vulnerablepatients as part of Integrated Behavioral Health team.
2. Conducts initial interviews, assesses and provides brief clinical interventions and referrals.
3. Performs individual and group psychotherapy when appropriate.
4. Identifies and pursues necessary resources for patient care; helps remove barriers to client’s utilization of health services.
5. Conducts mental status examinations and formulates DSM V related diagnoses.
6. Provides training and ongoing consultation for clinic providers, clinic staff, behavioral health staff, and students; provides education on specific topics as requested.
7. Represents the patient’s needs and rights to providers and community in a variety of settings.
8. Provides crisis intervention as needed.
9. Maintains appropriate charting; document progress notes and treatment plans as required by the clinic protocol and other mandated regulatory agencies; prepares correspondence regarding social evaluation of patient and patient follow-up.
10. Tracks outcomes, maintains patient registries, and target interventions based on quality metrics and behavioral health best practices.
11. Participates in planning meetings, case conferences, and care team huddles; works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team.
12. Performs other duties as required.
Required Education: Master’s degree in Social Work awarded by a recognized college or university.
Required Experience: Three years post-MSW experience with mental health and substance use counseling.
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of California.