AHD Office Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
- Alameda, CA
- Alameda Hospital
- AHD Wound Care Center
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 27865-18608
- FTE: 0.7
- Posted: Yesterday
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Entering data into proprietary database as well as hospital systems.
2. Submit and reconcile daily patient charges.
3. Obtain insurance verification and service pre-authorization with insurance company & communicate insurance coverage benefits & out of pocket expense to patients prior to appointment.
4. Complete patient registration process.
5. Audit data, generate reports and file documentation.
6. Assist with physician dictation review and submitting amendments as necessary.
7. Maintains a current list of insurance participation for each Wound Center provider.
8. Schedules patient appointments and ancillary testing.
9. Performs miscellaneous office functions for the Wound Center. Documents produced are accurate and completed on time. Orders necessary supplies with approval of Program Director. Files, photocopies, scans documentation and prepares reports as requested.
10. Responsible for pleasantly greeting, assisting and directing patients/family members/caregivers/visitors of the Wound Center. Answers telephone promptly and in a courteous manner. Direct calls and messages accurately and efficiently to appropriate team member.
11. Arranges patient transport as necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent