This job posting is no longer active.
- San Leandro, CA
- Fairmont Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Business Professional & IT
- Req #: 27910-18639
- FTE: 1
- Posted: Today
SUMMARY: Under general direction, the Project Manager supports the establishment of a system-wide Project Management Office, which is responsible for promoting a culture of portfolio, program and project management excellence across the organization. The incumbent serves as the Project Manager of critical programs and projects, as assigned by senior leadership. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Act as a Project Management subject matter expert, be a reference point for PMO inquiries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management.
- Assist in managing enterprise level resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges.
- Create and apply a variety of methodologies, practices, techniques, models and other processes in the course of a working project or program.
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training.
- Educate leaders, managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Project governance, communications, organizational change and management through implementation & maintenance within assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide assistance to maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support the PMO.
- Responsible for all aspects of project and program management, including: scope definition, risk and issue tracking, issue escalation, risk mitigation, schedule, cost, quality, benefits, resource, and procurement management.
- Track and report on assigned project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Engineering or related field.
Minimum Experience: Five years of directly related progressive experience in developing program or project management methodologies, experience in a variety of management and leadership roles for projects, programs and major initiatives. IT or operational project management experience highly preferred.
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Six Sigma Certification.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate, from the Project Management Institute; if current incumbents do not possess a PMP, it must be obtained within 6 months. If a new hire does not possess a PMP, it must be obtained within 3 months of the start date.