This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Patient Kitchen
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 27421-18248
- FTE: 0
- Posted: November 30, 2020
Responsible for a variety of cleaning tasks, which include maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in all Food Service areas at Highland Hospital. Specific duties may include dishwashing, pot washing, general sanitation, cleaning and use of kitchen equipment. May assist in the service and storage of food. Performs related duties as required.
• Minimum Experience: Equivalent of six months full-time cleaning experience in hospitals, commercial or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the company’s Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope of Services.
• Role model ACMC Standards of Behavior.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Current office administrative practices and procedures
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
• Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
• Maintain an assigned area in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition.
• Modern cleaning/disinfecting procedures; cleaning products and supplies.
• Perform repetitively, tasks without continuous supervision.
• Regular floor and carpet maintenance.
• Safety procedures, including proper lifting techniques.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Use a variety of cleaning tools such as vacuum cleaners and buffing machines.
• Use and operation of cleaning equipment including the use of power-driven waxing and buffing machines.
1. Sweeps and mops the floors in the Kitchen, including storerooms, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, trash room, rest rooms, locker areas and loading docks.
2. Cleans dining rooms and serving areas to include sweeping, mopping the areas and rearranging furniture as needed. Cleans spill as needed; cleans walls and equipment in the food service department. Follows established cleaning schedule; cleans restrooms and lounge areas throughout the department; cleans and restocks hand wash stations throughout the kitchen keeping them supplied with soap and paper towels; maintains a clean, sanitary working environment. Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the kitchen.
3. Accurately sets up sanitizing solutions by following instructions and guidelines posted. Reports needed maintenance or repairs of equipment used.
4. Empties all trash receptacles. Gathers and transports garbage, and recyclable materials to assigned areas; dust equipment including walls, motor vents and fans.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and sanitation in regards to hand washing and use of gloves when handling dirty and clean areas and equipments.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of monitoring food temperatures and labeling and dating of food when required to handle food.
7. Communicates any patient or customer related problems to appropriate staff; complies with federal, state and local health/sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
8. Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the department policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines; identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
9. Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to department safety procedures.
10. Follows facility and department, safety policies and procedures to include incident reporting; follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures; follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program; adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills, as appropriate; responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
11. Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
12. Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate; reads and complies with all departmental and hospital policies and procedures, as appropriate.