LVN IV Certified - Outpatient
- Oakland, CA
- Eastmont Wellness Center
- Eastmont Specialty Clinics
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Day
- Req #: 28090-18764
- FTE: 1
- Posted: November 18, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides vocational nursing care to patients in the clinic; administers medications and immunizations; provides treatments to patients; supports team-based care delivery, assist medical personnel with procedures and provides education to patients. Performs IV as required. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification, however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
2. Assists medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedure and/or diagnostic exams.
3. Provides patient-centered care that is respectful of, and responsive to, individual patient preferences, needs and values. Provides and promotes excellence in customer service for both internal and external customers.
4. Collaborates with patients and other healthcare providers to deliver coordinated, high quality care
5. Prepares and administers medications. Determine immunizations needed and give injections.
6. Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per AHS policy and pursues professional growthanddevelopment.
7. Collects information, maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided, objective data (e.g. vital signs), subjective information (e.g. patient history) to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
8. Teaches and counsels patients on a variety of health related subjects.
9. Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed. May supervise a small group medical assistants. In the absence of a Registered Nurse, may have responsibility for a shift in theclinic, under a licensed physician or podiatrist.
10. Effectively utilizes population health methodologies such as patient registry, in reach, outreach, care protocols and team-based care to improve patient and population outcomes
11. Effectively performs structured patient assessments to improve population health in a team-based care model
12. Performs routine care and cleaning of patient care equipment.
13. Performs point of care testing and draws blood samples from patients.
14. Keeps accurate patient records.
15. Responds effectively to emergency situations.
16. Reviews patient record to note condition of patients and treatments; medications, history and procedures ordered by physicians.
17. Prepares and administers treatments underthe - supervision of a physician or registered nurse; observes and reports any deviation in patient’s condition from the normal to a physician or registered nurse.
19. May perform clerical duties or related duties as assigned.
20. Ability to empathize with vulnerable populations and underserved patients.
21. Pervorms IVs as needed by department.
Education: Graduate of an accredited LVN program.
Minimum Experience: Graduate from a school of vocational nursing within the last twelve months prior to hire date, or have had recent vocational nursing refresher courses, or have had recent related experience in an acute/outpatient setting (a combination of education and experience acceptable).
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California and valid IV certification.