This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- Full Time - Day
- Allied Health
- Req #: 27908-18638
- FTE: 1
- Posted: November 10, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, provides patient care and technical skills in performing routine and complex procedures operating of a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner for diagnostic and evaluation purposes. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
2. Assists radiologist during procedures.
3. Collects, records, pulls and matches radiographic jackets; processes films.
4. Coordinates patient scheduling, including instructing patients on exam preparations.
5. Instructs students in clinical MRI skills.
6. May be required to direct, check and train other MRI incumbents.
7. Operates magnetic resonance imaging scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction of images, and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purposes of ensuring optimal quality images.
8. Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
9. Practices proper entries and records on Radiology Information System and Hospital Information System.
10. Practices safety measures in MRI and Environment of Care.
11. Prepares patient films/images for interpretation by radiologist.
12. Prepares patient MRI procedure by accurately assessing patient’s need and providing patient education.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Minimum Experience: Sufficient education, training and experience to enable a candidate/incumbent to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and abilities to perform the job duties, including full proficiency in all basic anatomical MRI procedures. Recent experience as an MRI Technologist required; full proficiency in all duties required also required.
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS - Basic Life Support Certification - issued by AHA-American Heart Association.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Registered in MRI by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or by the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Technologists; if registry eligible, expected to successfully achieve registry within 12 months. Registry refers to registration in MRI by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or registered by the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists.