This job posting is no longer active.
- Oakland, CA
- Highland General Hospital
- HGH Cafeteria
- Services As Needed / Per Diem - Varies
- Service & Trade
- Req #: 27801-18563
- FTE: 0
- Posted: October 22, 2020
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, to prepare, cook, and dispense food in quantity in a kitchen; to maintain cooking equipment and working areas; and to do related work as required.DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Prepares meats and vegetables for cooking, using electric meat grinders, vegetable peelers and slicers, and hand tools.
2. Cooks meats, fish, vegetables, soups, cereals and other foods, using steam-jacketed kettles, revolving or other large ovens, meat roasters and other commercial cooking equipment or kitchen equipment.
3. Carves meat for serving, and serves or oversees the serving of food, ensuring the prompt apportionment of food to tray line and the cafeteria.
4. Cleans utensils and equipment and keeps working areas in good order; and maintains standards of safety and sanitation.
5. Relieves butchers and bakers; may act as First Cook on a relief or training basis; plans and/or helps plan recipes and follows oral and written instructions to prepare and cook all foods; weighs food items for cooking.
6. Prepares dough and bakes cakes, cookies, and other pastries and desserts.
7. Requisitions, receives, inspects and stores food stuffs, and keeps supervisor informed of supplies needed.
8. Cooks (SAN) may be required to deliver food to various locations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either I One year of experience in the class of Assistant Cook with Alameda County Medical Center Or II Two years of experience in quantity cooking for at least 200 people per meal in an institutional kitchen such as a hospital, juvenile detention center, prison facility, military installation, or a large restaurant or hotel.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Certain (SAN) positions may require incumbents to possess a valid California Motor Vehicle Operators License